Our DT Gal Sue W. has created a lovely Christmas card to share today. Love the red & aqua together, so pretty & a nice change from traditional Christmas colours.
I hope you enjoy it.
Paper: SmoothWhite Card, Sea Mist Card.
Accessories: Spellbinder Nestabilities 2011 Heirloom Ornaments Die, Shapeabilities Layered Poinsettia die and Edgeabilities Classic Ric Rac die.
Copic Markers. Gold embossing powder. Ranger Stickles: Golden Rod. Tim Holtz Ink Blending Tool. Cotton twine. Adhesive foamtabs, Art Glitter dries clear adhesive and Zip Dry Glue.
Crafty Secrets: Creating with Vintage Patterns CD
Sue used Zip Dry glue unless stated otherwise.
1. 1. Print Framed Flowers and Dots Mini dsp from the Crafty Secrets CD to smooth white card. From the framed flowers dsp cut a 4.25 x 4.75" length
2. 2. Trim smooth white card to 4.25 x 5.5 and adhere the framed flowers dsp from the bottom towards the top (so that white card shows through the die cuts).
3. 3. Trim Sea Mist card to make a 4.25 x 5.5 inch top fold card.
4. 4. Open up the card and using the Edgeabilities Classic Ric Rac edge only and Insert 1, die cut and emboss the top 1inch of card front.
5. 5. Trim around the scallops on dots mini dsp and adhere to card front. Matt a layer of dots mini dsp to smooth white card that has been sponged with tattered rose distress ink . Adhere to card front over the scallops.
6. 6. Adhere this completed section under the die cut Sea Mist card.
7. 7. Stamp the Poinsettia Spray in tuxedo black ink and cut using matching Heirloom Ornaments die. Sponge the edges with tattered rose distress inks. Colour with Copic markers.
8. 8. Stamp the ornament top a second time in VersaMark and emboss with gold e.p. Cut out and adhere over ornament. Tie a bow in cotton twine and adhere using dries clear adhesive.
9. 9. Stamp the two smallest Poinsettias from Petite Poinsettia. Using the matching dies cut and emboss. Colour these with Copic markers.
10 10.Assemble the Poinsettia using dries clear adhesive. The top layer has a small piece of adhesive foam to pop it up. Add some Gold stickles for the centre and to embellish.
11 11.Add the completed ornament to the card front using an adhesive foam tab.
We love to receive your feedback, so why not leave us a comment.
If you have any questions please email us at:
or click the tab at the top of the blog Home Page.
Thanks for stopping by, happy crafting,