Friday, December 26, 2014

KaiserCraft North Pole - Christmas Journal pages.


Hello Everyone, Sue here sharing a project I started to work on in November.

I completed my first 'December Daily' during January of this year. Loved working on it and flicking back over it during the year.  This year I thought I'd be a little more organised........so mid November I started to put a few pages together. The idea being that during the hectic pre Christmas rush I'd have the basics done (well some of it at least).



Using products from KaiserCraft I'm sharing one page using the plastic pocket that came with Captured Moments Stickers.  So many great little stickers in this set.


These plastic sleeves allow for a 4x6 inch photo and two 3 x 4 inch journaling cards.  Or smaller photos if you prefer. 

Check out PicMonkey free online editing for downloading two shots to a standard 4 x 6 inch photo.


I've used DP from North Pole to make a mat ready for a 4 x 6 inch photo. On the right side I added some washing and  a sticker. Eventually I'll add a wood chip date here too.
The Journaling tag (below left) has a pop out (documented)from North Pole added as well as some candy cane twine.

The sentiment card has had a light sprinkle of glitter and a red heart added. Oh and the tag tails above the wreath is just the left over bit from the arrow on the shaped page.  The other side of the page will have more journaling as well as a couple of photos.



In my Journal I like to have some shaped pages too, so I'm sharing one of these here today too.


  • Adhere two sheets of card from KaiserCraft North Pole 6.5 x 6.5 inch paper pad together and using a die cut to shape the right hand edge.
  • I've held back from punching the holes on the left hand side until I have the folder I'll be using this year. I have though kept in mind when decorating the page that it will need some holes :)
  • Fold one of the 'pop out shapes' from North Pole in half and add a sticker and sequin with a silver brad.  Adhere to top right of card , just off the page.

  • Using Washi Tape make three banners for the left hand side of the page and add another sticker over the top. 
  • Add a pocket card (Believe in the magic of Christmas). I also added pop outs and stickers pointing to the the words Believe and Christmas.
  • I added  a little 3-3/4" x 2-1/4" envelope made using the Envelope Punch Board. 


  • Inside sits a cut down pocket card which will allow for some journaling and maybe a picture or ticket. The notes circle comes from the Captured Moments stickers set. It holds the envelope closed.
  • I die cut some Snowflakes then embossed them for a little shine. 
  • A sprinkling of sequins along the bottom complete this page.


I've left the back of these page clear so far,  thinking a larger photo might go here. 
The joy of a project like this is that you can keep going back to add bits and bobs. I keep shopping lists, tickets from the movies, just about everything that goes to make December so special and it all goes into the journal!

By the time this post goes up I hope to have a few more pages completed and  maybe some photos added........hmm maybe!

Thanks for taking the time today/










1 comment:

01 09 10