Saturday, July 25, 2015

"Happy Days" by Narelle Riley

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some more creating with the "Cocoa Vanilla- Hello Lovely" paper and embellishment range again!  When you first glance at this range you probably think "it's a girls range" with its flowers and hearts, but I've created a layout dedicated to my husband and I dont think its too feminine-  the wood grain combined with the blues and black off-set the pinks enough (I think!!)









Instructions

There's not too many instructions with the tutorial because I used lots of off-cuts!
So instead I'm going to share some tips on how I created a layout like this using my off-cuts

  • Always have a grey-lead pencil and eraser on hand-  I lay everything out and play around with it before sticking anything down.  Once I'm happy with it i take a photo on my mobile phone so I remember what I want it to look like when it goes back together!
  • Write numbers on the paper  before you start to pull it apart so you know what order to stick it back down and draw around the corners of the papers with the pencil so you can see where to put them back. (you rub all that out when its done.
  • Apply the double sided tape in a little bit from the edge so if you want to slip embellishments in under the edge you've got some space to do it.
  • Dont stick/push anything down hard until you are happy with the entire layout- its easier to life it up and move if it hasnt been stuck down really hard.






Thanks for stopping by
 If you have any questions please email us at: 
sales@scrapbookboutique.com.au 


 Happy crafting,



Materials Used


2 comments:

  1. Really great LO - I love the layered mat and how you embellished around the photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully scrapped Narelle. Such a sweet pic and expertly embellished.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10