To create this layout.
1. I selected cut my papers –
· 1 x 11cm by 14cm of teal fleur de lyse paper to mat my photo
· 1 x 5cm by 15.5 cm teal and white patterned paper
· 2 x 6.5cm by 4cm pieces of teal ombre paper
· 1 x 6cm by 4cm dark teal paper
· 1 x 9cm by 4 cm dark teal paper
2. I marked on my white cardstock where the papers were going to be.
3. I mixed a metallic mint gelato with some water and applied to the cardstock.
4. Then I stamped a script stamp using black ink in various places around the edges of where my patterned paper was going to be. I stamped it 5 times.
5. Then I applied some texture paste through the Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil. Again in 5 places around my layout.
6. I added some more stencilling using the wildcat stencil and mint liquid pearls. I didn’t really like this so most of it is covered by the top patterned paper and the beads. That’s the beauty of mixed media, if you don’t like something you can always cover it up with something else!
7. Then I sprayed with Dylusion Vibrant Turquoise and let it run down the page and also splattered it around the page.
8. Then I added my patterned paper, which I had distressed around the edge and inked with Black Soot Distress Ink.
9. Next I added some Peacock Feathers Distress Glitter to the butterflies using Tombow adhesive.
10. I adhered my butterflies
11. Then I added some gel medium my page at the bottom of all the butterflies and sprinkled some Prima beads, microbeads and more Distress Glitter onto the gel medium.
12. To finish off I added my title.
Here are a few close ups:
I hope I've inspired you to go 'mixed media' for a change.
SBB Products used: