Saturday, March 26, 2016

Wonderful You

Hi there!  Ann here hoping you have all been enjoying this wonderful month of March, and have been able to fit in some crafty time for yourselves.

To introduce my card for you today, I feel like shouting:  'Look Mum, no hands!' because that is what it feels like to me when I don't actually stamp anything on my card lol!   So what do you think of this no stamping card?





Before I had fun placing all the various die cuts from the Cocoa Vanilla Free Spirit range of Ephemera and 12" x 12" paper collection, to create my 'no hands on' card, I did do some stencilling on smooth white cardstock though!

I used a Mixable Stencil by Hero Arts, called Weave, to create a rectangle background with a fading effect by sponging with daubers dipped into the Hero Arts Ombre ink pad - Light to Red Royal.  The daubers allowed me to select the colour tone I needed as I went from dark to lighter.

This became the background for the die cut frame, which I mounted offset onto white cardstock to provide a little more stability. From there it was just a matter of arranging the various die cuts I had chosen to use in position around the frame.

A square of paper from the collection was adhered to a 13.5 x 13.5cm card base, before the frame and die cuts were added on top.  Lastly the alpha dies spelling YOU were coloured to coordinate.  The letters and flowers were winked with Stella for a little shine.




I had a ball playing with this beautiful collection, so although I didn't actually stamp on this card (I may have to do something on the inside) I am really happy with how it turned out.


Thanks so much for visiting today, and I wish you all a very Happy Easter!



Supplies available from Scrapbook Boutique:





6 comments:

  1. Great job. I always feel "odd" if I make a card without a stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, I will periodically do one as I buy the cutouts to scrap with and it is a lot of fun putting it all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful collection Ann and I love how you've layered up all those gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, love the 'no hands' comment, but it's so true, it is so rare that I don't stamp on my cards. Love the sweet combo of flowers and embellies that you used, it's such a pretty card Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super 'no stamping...no hands' card Ann,I love it ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny - I thought maybe you were recovering from an injury!!! Great card - I love how you used the stencil

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10