Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sunrise Lily

Hi there - it's Ann here to share a card I've made using Heartfelt Creations Sunrise Lily Wishes stamp and die.  I'm in awe of the beautiful flowers that can be made with the Sunrise Lily stamp set and die, and the gorgeous autumn coloured paper that is in the 12 x 12 inch paper collection.  I had no idea how easy these flowers were to make until I watched a video tutorial given by Emma Lou from HC - you can watch it here.


 Firstly I stamped the flower spray from the Sunrise Lily Wishes stamp across the middle of white card cut to fit a regular size card front (10.5 x 14.8 cm).  I sponged colour onto the stamp using a small finger dauber.  I only used a soft pink and a green ink.  This gave a very soft background to my feature flower.


Next I cut a shaped edge for my white card which I adhered over paper from the Sunrise lily paper collection.  Here I used a Spellbinders border set but you could use any shaped border punch or edge die that you own or you could cut the white panel down and mat it with a contrast cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment by Paper Smooches - Party Posse - I chose this simple message as I didn't want an overpowering stamp to detract from my centrepiece.  I also stamped the buds in the spray once more, and coloured them with ink as before and added a little highlight with Copics.


Lastly, I stamped the smaller flower from the basic Sunrise Lily stamp set, plus a couple of leaves which I cut out, and coloured with sponged ink and Copic highlights. I added a little gold glitter to the ends of my stamens, and gave a coating of Wink of Stella to the flower before adhering to the base spray.

I hope to bring you another card using this lovely stamp collection later this month - I just love it!  These flowers add a rich elegance to a card, gift tag or box but are really easy to make:)

Thanks so much for visiting and happy crafting!


Supplies from Scrapbook Boutique:





4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that flower Ann - great dimension! Awesome card too!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Ann! Love the sweet HC flower - stunning - and the die cut border element sets it off too.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10