Monday, May 2, 2016

Teeth

Good morning!

Amanda here with you today, and I have a fun little layout to share.  Photo credit to my husband, he had taken the boys to the first of many orthodontist appointments and it was one of those photos that was funny at the time, but I thought not really scrap worthy.  Fast forward a few years and many, many visits later and this was an important milestone for us as parents, and for the boys.  Different problems, but a long journey ahead back then.

Products Used
Now, I have to make a bit of a fuss over the Totally Rad collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I don't have all the time in the world to scrap unfortunately (working and being a mum of 4) so being able to put a layout together that I'm happy with, and not stress out about coordinating items, is a wonderful thing! 

I hadn't played with any of the heavy textured patterned papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio before, but I'm their newest fan! Lovely loud designs with some quieter coordinating B-Sides, and I don't know if I'm the only one finding it hard to scrap boy layouts? But these papers and coordinated embellishments just made everything come together beautifully. 

Links to all the products I used at the end of this post, and are available at Scrapbook Boutique.

The Process
To put this layout together I selected 3-4 sheets from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Totally Rad Collection Pack and cut into various sizes and layered from largest to smallest, flipping some over to their B-Sides.  

I added some embellishments to the layered patterned papers, then randomly ran the through my sewing machine.

The next step was to adhere the patterned paper layers to a 12x12 plain white AC card stock, then I added some stamping and misting (drying each layer with my heat gun before adding another layer or two).

I layered two photos together and added some stickers from the Totally Rad range and some stamping directly to the photos.  To make the photos pop up from the page I used some foam under the top photo.

I printed some journalling on Neena White card stock (using American Typewriter Font), cut to size and adhered to the patterned paper.  I then ran through the sewing machine again and added a few flairs to the page, also from the Totally Rad range.

I then added a few more embellishments from the range - some enamel dots, some American Craft thickers from my stash for the layout title.

And there you have it!  All items available from Scrapbook Boutique are listed below for your shopping pleasure.

Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. Great LO - I really like your background

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10