See that little bit of masking? So that the degree tucks under the wing?
Big googly eyes with glossy accents covering them and more of that masking:)
Blue glitter paste to create the sparkly tassel, wings and tail feathers
- Sponge the stencil (created when I die cut the brick pattern from Tim Holtz Mixed Media 3 die) with 3 colours of distress ink - Scattered Straw, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers. Allow this to dry while you are creating the owl.
- Stamp your chosen bird with Memento Tuxedo Black on blending card, and colour with Copics. You'll notice that you don't have to be realistic with your colouring - these are Crazy Birds after all! Stamp the mortar board separately, but create a mask for the bird so that with a little slicing of the mask, you can deftly fit the degree stamp under the wing. Fussy cut your images and swipe edges with a black marker.
- For the sentiment, I used the Misti (marvellous!) so that I could be sure of the placement and also achieve a good coverage.
- I stamped the branches and leaves on a piece of Tim Holtz printed tissue paper that I have had for ages - love the mixed media look they give this design. I fussy cut the branches also.
- Cut the rectangle panel using Mama Elephant's Basic Set die - I engineered my die cut so that I could make it longer - just stop before you reach the edge you choose to lengthen, the move the die up to required position, and roll the new cutting piece through your big shot.
- Assemble your images over the stencilled panel. Add fun foam to the back of the front panel, add a strip of washi tape to the left side of the card front and adhere the front panel in place. Add some enamel accents as desired.
Thank you so much for visiting today, and I hope you enjoy some crafty time this week!
Supplies available at Scrapbook Boutique: