Saturday, July 2, 2016

I Treasure You

Good morning!

Amanda here with you today, and I hope this weekend (if you haven't started already!) you get a chance to get some photo's scrapped.  

I've gone right into the archives of my photo's - a little gem that I missed of my daughter from a few years ago being a goofball (a cute one at that) so I thought I would share a colourful and quirky layout with you today based around the use of one main paper collection and embellishment pack plus a few bits and pieces from my stash.

Scrapbook Boutique Shop links are at the end of this post.

To start, I used a sheet of White 12x12 card stock and flicked my 12x12 page with pink mist (taking the tube out of the bottle and flicking) and then I added some yellow mist to the main diagonal corners. 

I then cut out 4 large pieces of paper (A and B sides) from the KaiserCraft True Love collection pack for my photo stack and a few smaller pieces for the top right, and bottom left hand corner to make a diagonal layout: main features in these corners, and adhered into place.


 I then added lots of layering matching washi tape, plus lots of the stickers that were included in the KaiserCraft Collection Pack.

I added some embellishments from the collectable die cuts plus some other bits and pieces from my stash - tucking them in here and there on my photo stack and adhering wth a glue gun.

I also punched out some little hearts from the KaiserCraft paper and scattered them around the page, adhering when I was happy with the placement (and to cover up some of the larger pink mist splatters from earlier!!).


To make my photo stack pop off the page I added lots of foam squares between the layers of paper. 

For a lot of my embellishments I used a hot glue gun to adhere them into place when I was happy with the placement - this gives you slight dimension, but not as much as the foam.


At this stage it was time to just add a few little embellishments to tie the page together. I usually walk away and come back for this step! 

I decided to tuck some additional cut out pieces of KaiserCraft Forever & Always paper under the layers of the photo stack, had a last rummage through my tin of lost and found embellishments (its like a magic pudding - I never seem to get close to emptying it!) and added a few tags and a flair from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Colour Me Happy Range.

I added my title to the top right hand corner, which is a combination of a foam word (you) and some rub-ons from my stash (I treasure).


And there you have it - a very colourful and fun layout, to capture the spirit of the photo.


Now go get scrapping! Have a great weekend.


2 comments:

  1. A lovely layout Amanda - love the colours, the layers and the details which all serve to highlight that delightful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those layers of patterned papers! Lovely page.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10