Thursday, July 14, 2016

Live Your Dreams

Good morning! 

I have a quick little card to share with you today using a feather stamp set from KaiserCraft. 

In case you hadn't guessed, (!) I've not made cards for a long, long time and I'm trying to get back into it. I have literally forgotten how to make them - I've been watching all the tutorials I can, I've been stalking the design team for inspiration... but I just don't have the patience when it comes to cards! Isn't that weird? I have wasted so much paper on failed cards, but I've now realised that clean and simple cards are definitely my thing... for now!
I bought this really cute stamp set from the store, its made by KaiserCraft and comes with matching dies for the feathers (these stamp and cut beautifully by the way!) and wanted to make a 'dreamy' card, and I was also inspired by the challenge board we have this month.

To create this card you will need to:
  1. Cut some Neena White card stock down to 13x10cm, cut some KaiserCraft aqua card stock down to 14x22cm (set aside)
  2. Stamp three feathers and sentiment onto the Neena White card stock with blank archive ink, give it a quick zap with your heat gun.
  3. Adding some colour - I used Gelatos, but you can add any water soluble medium you like - water colours, distress inks, even really watered down acrylic paints.  I tested the effect first on a bit of scrap paper, then added colour to the main image of the card - a little bit of colour at first, adding a little more where needed.
  4. After drying with my heat gun, I added some Wink of Stella glitter over the feathers and sentiment for a touch of sparkle.
  5. I adhered the image panel to the folded Kaisercraft card stock.
  6. Finally, I added a few Pretty Pink Post sequins around the card, because you can never have too much bling, right? ;)
Happy crafting!


2 comments:

  1. For someone who's 'forgotten' how to make cards you have surely rocked this one Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Therese - you obviously have remembered a lot more than you thought - a very pretty card and gorgeous design. Clean and simple is definitely the way to go when getting back to card making:)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10