Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Watercolour Birthday

Hi everyone!  Ann here with a colourful card to brighten up those winter blues!


On a piece of white card sized to fit the card front, I stamped various images from Altenew's Watercolour Wonders stamp set, using a variety of Memento dye inks.  I only had to cut one mask, for the main flower, and grouped my flowers and sprays to create a bouquet I liked.  To add interest to the relatively few colours I used, I sometimes stamped off on scrap paper first - this gave me at least three new colours to use.



The bold shapes of these flowers suit the watercolour style so well (even though no water was used!) as they have a modern 'funky' look.  Watercoloring without the mess!

I had so much fun stamping these - and many more, as I couldn't stop once I'd started lol!

Because I had a lot of white space below my flowers when I had completed my posy, I decided to shape the bottom of the card rather than stamping a large sentiment in the space.  For that I used the angled die from Avery Elle's Custom Panels Die set.  I popped up this panel with fun foam adhered to the back,  before adhering it to a blue card base.  I used Mama Elephant 'Labelled Messages' for my sentiment.

Very simple to stamp, but open to many creative techniques - I need to try my hand with 'actual' water colouring, so will share that effort with you at a later time.

Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you manage to find some crafty time this week!


Products available from Scrapbook Boutique:




6 comments:

  1. If those bright cheery colours don't fight the winter blues I don't know what will. Gorgeous card Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Ann! Beautiful colours and those flowers look gorgeous.Such a fun set to play with I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful and bright water coloring and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Ann, what a great and fun choice of colour combos, you have rocked it totally outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really sweet card, so simple but so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10