Sunday, March 12, 2017

Wish Big

It's Ann here today, with a watercolored card using a new stamp by 49 and Market, in what I am calling a minimalist shabby chic style.


I used my MISTI, watercolour card and Distress Markers for this card (I was very fortunate that my husband purchased the full set of these for me some years ago, and I never tire of using them), first colouring the stamp in a pale colour - Spun sugar - and gently misting it to achieve the first impression.  Once I could see the details of the image, I repeatedly stamped, but now with no misting - in the following colours, just one at a time and in different areas: - Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany, Victorian Velvet, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain.  As I stamped, I used my aqua brush to tease out the colour, blend and achieve the whimsical look I was after.

Once the panel was dry, I thought I should add interest to the background, but I also didn't want to overpower the image, so I used one of the Kaisercraft Stencils - Textures - to add a little blue, yellow and pink in the background.  With the aqua brush, I gently blended the colours close to the image.


One area that I needed to use a fine brush directly to the image to give detail was the flower clasp on the hair.  I really tried not to overwork the stamping and stopped when I was happy with how it looked.  

To finish the card, I die cut the panel with a scalloped edge, mounted it with fun foam onto a grey mat and finally adhered it to a white card measuring 13cm x 16cm.  The watercolour panel is 10.3cm x 13.3cm, and the grey mat is 1cm larger all around.

I felt the sentiment needed something soft around it, so used some white flowers from my stash and a small rolled rose I made long ago plus wheat heads by Memory Box.

Thank you so much for visiting today, and I hope you can find some crafty time this week!


Products available from Scrapbook Boutique:



4 comments:

  1. Oh Ann this is stunning, how graceful this is and you have coloured it perfectly <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Ann! Love the soft finish you have created with the Distress markers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is just so beautiful - a work of art ready to be hung on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10