Saturday, April 22, 2017

Organic Blooms Card

Hi there - it's Linda here today. I hope you've had a great week.
I've had some fun playing with Mama Elephants Organic Blooms stamp set - colouring it up with my Distress Inks.
Here's my card...








































I have no idea if there are actually flowers this colour irl but in my creative world there are lol.

Distress Inks used were Peacock Feathers/Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire and Shabby Shutters/Mowed Lawn for the foliage.

To begin I water coloured a wash of Peacock Feathers and Shabby Shutters across my card where the flowers would be stamped. I then stamped them in Versa Mark Ink and embossed with Silver Embossing Powder.
It was then a matter of water colouring one petal at a time and building up the colour intensity adding layers of colour and allowing each to air dry - or at times I hit it with my heat gun to speed up the process.

I have added blue craft foam under the MFT die cut word for extra colour and dimension.


This is such a beautiful image to work (play) with and lends itself to so many colour options....endless really.

I hope you can find yourself getting crafty at least a little this weekend. I certainly intend to :-))
See you again soon...



5 comments:

  1. That is just gorgeous - if there aren't any flowers this colour in nature, there should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, if there aren't flowers this colour then there should be lol! Love the silver embossing, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Linda. Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Linda and I especially love the Hugs die cut in foil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this card Linda...so very beautiful...and I love the sentiment...it looks like a metallic embellishment rather than heat embossed...!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10