Monday, June 12, 2017

Sending Smiles

Hi everyone!  Ann here today with a card for a friend overseas which I hope will cheer them up with a smile.



The cute giraffes are from a new (to me) stamp company, Gerda Steiner Designs, the tree is a MFT Die-namics Safari Tree, and the sentiment is by Mama Elephant from the stamp set Up Up and Away.  The grass border is a die I have owned for a long time, but I see that SBB have a Spring Scene Builder set that does include a similar die if you need it.

Steps to make this card:

  • Cut white card 24 x 12 cm and fold to create a top fold square card.
  • Sponge some blending card with Distress Oxide inks in colours to create a savannah sunset sky - I used Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick.  Splash your panel with largish drops of water to add texture.  When totally dry, cut this panel out - I used a stitched circle, but one of the new MFT stitched domes would look even better.  I have a link to the domes below.  Adhere the shape towards the top of the square card front.
  • From scraps of white card, die cut the Safari Tree, and sponge to colour the pieces. Adhere the tree to the sunset panel, using pop dots to vary the leaf canopy.
  • Onto blending card, stamp two giraffes from the stamp set, Go Wild, and colour them with Copics.  Die cut them using the coordinating dies and adhere to the scene.
  •  Die cut (or cut with scissors) a jagged strip for grass, and adhere to cover the bottom of the scene.
  • Stamp the sentiment below the grass.  If you have a Misti, it's a good idea to use it here, as when all the card is finished the last thing you need is to have the sentiment not stamp properly - I'm sure I'm not the only one that this has happened to!



Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you have a chance to get crafty too!


Products available from Scrapbook Boutique:




5 comments:

  1. So cute I've saved it to my Pinterest "cute animal cards" board :)
    Thanks for the inspiration Ann XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These giraffes always make me smile, I adore your sweet scene Ann, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun card!! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card... love the safari scene..!! :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10